Winslow Homer Locations
Winslow Homer (February 24, 1836 ?C September 29, 1910) was an American landscape painter and printmaker, best known for his marine subjects. He is considered one of the foremost painters in 19th century America and a preeminent figure in American art.
Largely self-taught, Homer began his career working as a commercial illustrator. He subsequently took up oil painting and produced major studio works characterized by the weight and density he exploited from the medium. He also worked extensively in watercolor, creating a fluid and prolific oeuvre, primarily chronicling his working vacations. Related Paintings of Winslow Homer :. | Eight Bells | Dinner Horn | Eaglehead,Manchester,Massachusetts (High Tide:The Bathers) (mk44) | The Country School | The Walking Wounded |
Related Artists:Yasuo Kuniyoshi
Japanese-born American Photographer, 1893-1953
was an American painter, photographer and printmaker born in Okayama, Japan. He migrated to America in 1906, a year later began studying at the Los Angeles School of Art and Design. In 1935 he was awarded the Guggenheim Fellowship. He was known for his still-life paintings of common objects, female circus performers and nudes. He died in New York City. Adolph Heinrich Richter
painted A young wine grower and her children in Giovanni Battista Paggi
Italian Baroque Era Painter, 1554-1627
Italian painter and theorist. As the son of a newly inscribed nobleman, he received a Renaissance gentleman's education, but as an artist he was it seems self-taught, despite the encouragement of Luca Cambiaso. The gentleman who then set up as a painter was obliged to give his work to patrons, sometimes expecting future remuneration; but when one patron reneged on payment in 1581, Paggi mortally wounded him and was banished from Genoa. He was given protection by Francesco I de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany, and settled in Florence. A fresco of St Catherine Converting Two Criminals (1582), painted for Niccol? Gaddi's family chapel at S Maria Novella and thoroughly Florentine in manner, established Paggi's reputation at the Medici court. He painted ephemeral decorations, portraits (all untraced) and altarpieces for many Florentine churches and for the cathedrals of San Gimignano (c. 1590), Pistoia (1591-3) and Lucca (1597-8), having his studio in a house owned by Federico Zuccaro.